Skip to content

FlightNight 23 July - Cerro Torre sightseeing

Meet up at 8pm London time at SAWC (El Calafate airport) in Argentina. We will be taking the scenic route to SCOH (Villa O'Higgins airfield) via Cerro Torre, cruising at around 100 KIAS up to maybe 10,000 ft. Because airfields are few and far between, we will take our halftime break on a glacier WP: CT01

--lat=-49.5198286 --lon=-73.04256412 --altitude=1856 --heading=150 --mach=0.00

If you want to practice your approach, there is a reasonably flat hilltop at

--lat=-49.57953789 --lon=-73.04003569 --altitude=5397 --heading=350 --mach=0.00

Choose an aircraft from the FGUK Hangars that can do this route. Comms will be on TeamSpeak as always.

See the GoodiesBag for more details (Flight Plan Route, tiles map & list, custom scenery/airport CT01)

http://www.alpujarran.net/files/GoodiesBag.zip

Comments

• At the moment ( although this could change by the weekend ) It looks like I can attend.

• I done the PhotoScenery following the route plan which are generated 108 items

OneDrive Link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmRcwtiRJxd97mUkZeficonQ17v2?e=6dkwKq

• Thanks Oly

• Can anyone get an aircraft to roll on grass at any of these Waypoints? Or is it just me? - seems like ground friction is impossible to overcome unless I use a jet with afterburners to get the aircraft moving.

VooDoo

• Agree, it does seem tough. Barely got the PC-21 to move on full throttle. Didn't we have similar problems with the A400M if it went off piste? Maybe FG ground got made more sticky.

• Must be FGFS and this specific terrain. I tried rolling on grass at URSS and EBBR, EHAM, and Duxford. No problems.

VooDoo

• Outside of the airfield perimeter?

• Probably easier to put it down as a strange thing and come in a helicopter instead. But it does show the value of testing out your ride in advance.

• No, I can't even taxi out of a parking space (which are all grass) at SCOH or CT01 - it's just an oddness in this particular Terrain. I'll bring a chopper but I thought it was really odd and wanted to know if I'm the only one. Trying to work on finishing up some Turboprops for release/testing and was using these airports until I discovered I can't taxi unless on a runway.

VooDoo

• No trouble with the cessna t50 ;)

• OK...now I have another issue:

Now anytime I get anywhere near CT01, no matter what aircraft and even if I deselect tonights folders I get this Fatal Exception and I experience Game Crash. Trying to resolve but if I don't/can't then there is no use in my flying tonight. Ideas?

VooDoo

• Let's not hit CT01 then, right?

Seems I can be online tonight so I would like you being around later :)

• Hmmm seems not to be an option as it is such a vital waypoint on the route :S

• The weather forecast for this evening:

Make sure to select "Advanced weather modelling" to avoid those awful cotton-wool-ball clouds.