Skip to content

FlightNight July16 -Fast Jets Down and Dirty West Coast of Italy!

We'll meet at 8 pm London Time at ICAO: LICC - Catania-Fontanarossa Airport on Sicily. You'll need your choice of Fast Jet from the FGUK Hangars that can attain/maintain 475 KIAS from 500' AGL to approximately 6000' for an hours duration. Bring something agile as we'll be doing a couple of "Follow the Leader" Immelmann's over several airports.

We'll depart and immediately settle in at 500' AGL up the coast at 475 KIAS and overfly LICR, LICA, LIRI, LIRN, LIRM, and land at LIRE - Practica di Mare Air Base just South of Rome. Most of the first half of the Flight will be literally following the coast except to pull inland to overfly the Waypoints. After refresh will we depart and fly point-to-point to LIRF, LIRS, LIRP, LIQW, LIMJ, and finally we'll land at ICAO: LIMG - Riviera Airport near Albenga.

Comms will be on TeamSpeak as always.

I'll be flying the daVinci_F-35A and since the order of the day is close proximity, fast, and low I'll have an updated version of the F-35A with additional animations, new light pack, and Red Smoke to make it easier to follow. I should have the new F-25A up yet today (Thursday 7/14) by end of day.

Should be fun and scary - lots of turns and coastal Italian Scenery await so I'll see ya there!

VooDoo

Comments

• Again this weeks attendance will depend of the Arrivals. Saturday has a group of French arriving.

• Hope you make it, Stu. Way more fun when yer there...

Updated daVinci_F-35A - https://sites.google.com/view/fgukhangar/flightgear-uk-home-page/hangar/davinci-aircraft/fast-jets/davinci_f-35a

You'll need this if you want to see VooDoo Smoke for tracking Flight Leader.

VooDoo

• Urgent

I am struggling to share the 2020.4 photoscenery the custom scenery folder is over 5GB and even after ziping I am struggling to share with the group.

Any idears how to proceed

Oly2b

• Break it down into separate one degree folders ?

• Update

The zipped scenery finially uploaded

OneDrive link to the zipped scenery

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmRcwtiRJxd97luFVGHN_FuSyOPJ?e=WoYBi9

Install as normal

• Thanks for yer hard work, Oly!

VooDoo

• Google Drive may allow 15Gb of free storage, but slower at uploading than OneDrives 5Gb, I would have to create multiple OneDrive accounts to split a big flight.

The zipped file worked please try and feedback if it works ok

• Holy Shit! OK, I was having some issues with graphics so I uninstalled all my Nvidia stuff and reinstalled the latest/greatest and then optimized all the settings both in Nvidia Control and FlightGear. Then I loaded up Oly's new Orthos for this weeks Flight and flew the upcoming daVinci_KingAir300.....at 100 fps. I had a Religious Experience.

Never have I seen FGFS look so good nor run so fast. The Scenery works fab Oly....I was capturing screen shots to use in the Splash Screens and WoW! did I get some fabulous shots. FYI, run the Volcano setting for Etna when you leave LICC. It's fabulous.

VooDoo

• Many thanks for the reply

• So for the next day for the jet pilots.

Um OY you're not allowed to click the link because you're too small, maybe in 20 years....hehehe.

I'll bet about a chewing gum that OY will click it. Forget it i'm stupid...see ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IexNiEZtIhc