Skip to content

Porky's EF2000 landing light issue

OKJ, so I saw the huge and solid landing light cone at FlightNight and went to look and see why today (to try and fix it) but the Eurofighter EF2000 from the Hangar does not exhibit this issue over MP on my installation.

In fact, I don't even have a landing light even though turned on via the switches. So I'm hesitant to dive into something that ain't broke on my screen/my installation. Porcius, where/what EF2000 are you running?

VooDoo

Comments

• Lights dont work on the ef200 unless its all powered up.

It didnt use the standard lighting pack. It was a one off specific to the ef2000 which I have already looked at to try and convert it. As yet without success.

• it's Algy's personal development.

Looks like I'll have to bend to a general release jobby and give up on Algy's specific plane.

BooHoo tears

P P

• I just tried the current one from the hangar and the only lights I can get are the upper + lower white strobes. Are the others in Aircraft/EF2000/Models/Lights/lights.xml for Rembrandt only?

• Yes they are Warty.

• Like I said, It was a favour to me.

• I havent given up. I just have very limited time in the Sumer months.

• We know, nobody asked you to try. We know you are busy.

It's summer time.

I'm not stupid, I just don't know how to fix it.

• I had lights - just not a landing light. And certainly not the big solid cone like Porcy had last night. Something weird with his System or Version.

VooDoo

• Here are a few ideas to try:

1: Turn off Rembrandt - it's a legacy thing anyway so you'll have to learn to live without it at some point.

2: If you are not ready to do that, try swapping out EF2000/Models/Lights/lights.ac for this:

3: Delete EF2000/Models/Lights/lights.ac

• This might be better. I can't try it because I don't have the option of Rembrandt.

• Yeah...dump Rembrandt. That's over.....what FGFS version are you running? The current EF-2000 looks spectacular on my machine sans landing lights but I have no idea how to fix it/upgrade it. Algy did his own thing and it was cool but I'm not that good. Can't intervene in his Deal because I'm just not that adept.

VooDoo

• edited July 2022

I'm on 2020.4 - don't think there's a Rembrandt option in it, is there ?

I'll leave Algy's EF2000 alone :( . I'll get the one out of the main downloads. I take it that's where Warty got his?

Cheers !

• edited July 2022

No Rembrandt on 2020.4 - very weird. Algy special version prolly best avoided.

Yes, latest hangar version didn't have lights problems for me.