Skip to content

FlightNight Sat. Nov. 11th - Warbird High Altitude Cruise and Mountain Chase!

We'll meet at 8 PM London time at ICAO: KFAT - Fresno-Yosemite International. Please bring a Warbird of your choice from the FGUK Hangars. They can all meet the flight parameters. I'll be flying the recently updated daVinci_P-38L in red livery and with new red smoke to be easily visible. The P-51D and Mossie have also been updated and if you bring one/any of these please be sure to bring the updated version.

https://forum.fguk.me/discussion/221/3-davinci-aircraft-updated/p1?new=1

We'll depart KFAT and climb at 1500 FPM to 24,000K feet and cruise over the mountains to midpoint and final destination, KVGT - North Las Vegas Airport. After refresh and refuel we will depart Westish to the vicinity of Red Rock Canyon National Park and play chase thru the canyons and valleys. I'll lead the chase but after a few minutes anyone who wants a crack at leading the chase will be recognized and assigned so bring an aircraft with smoke if you think you might want to lead the chase!

Survivors will return to end the outing at KVGT - comms on TeamSpeak as always!

Should be some fast paced fun over wildly significant terrain!

VooDoo

Comments

• Will existing 2020.4 photoscenery cover this flight? if not do you have few more waypoints to generate the required PS for the route?

KFAT

KVGT will only cover 5nm either side of this route straight line.

• I'll scope it tomorrow and see if I can give more detail. Thinking maybe on bringing the Mossie now...my mind is in turmoil.

VooDoo

• I done the 2020.4 Photoscenery for the route KFAT to KVGT, this will pick up 5nm either side of this track.

Please let me know if extra waypoints are required I can re-run it again.

OneDrive Link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmRcwtiRJxd9gYBEinIixv5k4ARF0Q?e=jzlQwe

Install at before

• it looks absolutely Fabulous just the way it is now so no need to do it again.

While I'm gushing about it I wanted to take the time to tell you how much I appreciate your contributions (and presence!) to FlightNight. This scenery adds so much to my enjoyment and immersion in FGFS at flight time. Yer doing a great job and a great service and I truly appreciate your time and effort not to mention your support of FlightNight and FGUK.

Smootch!

VooDoo

• Thanks Again to everyone who makes this stuff happen - Aircraft, Flight Leaser and FlightNight Planners, Scenery, Pilots/Participants. And people who just watch. Proud to be acquainted.

VooDoo

• Please don't modify Aircraft with the "daVinci_" name and release them as my work. I'm flattered that you want to modify/improve/build on the stuff I release but if you are going to take charge of Developing my releases then please (Please) change the names to reflect the fact that this version is now your version and not mine.

Use all of it within the GPL License just please change the name of the aircraft and make your version it's own distinct aircraft without the daVinci_ designation.

Please.

VooDoo

• Only joined a month ago and is already sticking fingers in pies...

Is this the SPHINX that is in Mav's F-16 group?

How about -

"VooDoo, I notice you don't have pilot models in your aircraft. May I produce one for you to add into the cockpit, I think it will enhance the external view of the aircraft somewhat. If I send you my work, would you be so kind to consider it and make it an addition to your very good work? If it is no good or causes problems, I may be able to adjust/fix it so you can use it. Many Thanks, SPHINX"

• VooDoo 'Hello  I am sorry to have made a mistake by modifying your plane without your authorization. My intention was to add a detail and to share it. This plane is yours because it is the fruit of your remarkable work and I do not wish to attribute it to myself. I apologize for this fault. Cordially .

• VooDoo Hello, I am sorry to have made a mistake by modifying your plane without your authorization. My intention was to add a detail and to share it. This plane is yours because it is the fruit of your remarkable work and I do not wish to attribute it to myself. I apologize for this fault. Cordially .