Skip to content

FlightNight Dec. 24 - Getting Our Feet Wet in New York City!

Just in case someone else has nothing to do on Christmas Eve you can join me for A Chopper Flight!

We'll meet at the hour of 8 pm London time at ICAO: Teterboro airport. Please bring a Chopper from the FGUK Hangars that can attain/maintain 130 KIAS at 1000' for an hours duration. I plan to do at least one water landing (to observe the Statue of Liberty!) so if you'd like to participate in this exercise bring a chopper with a float system. We'll depart our point of origin and fly down the Hudson River and around downtown to view New York - Empire State Building, Greenwich Village, The Brooklyn Bridge and all kinds of cool stuff and spot landing spaces on roof tops near the Empire State Building.

Then we'll land in the water and observe The Statue of Liberty before taking to air air once more and landing on a rooftop downtown (within sight of the Empire State Building) to reset our float systems. Then we are off to overfly the Brooklyn Bridge and then following the Coast to our midpoint refresh/refuel destination of ICAO: KBLM - Monmouth Executive in New Jersey.

After refresh we will do an airport tour of KJFK, KFLU, KLGA, KEWR, KTER, and land at KHPN - Westchester County Airport back in New York as our final destination.

Comms on TeamSpeak as always.

If you've been naughty this year and don't expect Santa or have any plans with Family then join me for a tour about New York City and *Merry Christmas!* to all!

VooDoo

Comments