Skip to content

I update/Normalized the .amb values on the Bell 205

Here's a link to my OneDrive - grab it and have a lookee see.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgRdBCzrG25sgQOU670JhKKuk6-W?e=3M3LOt

If everyone likes it I'll add the changes to The Hangar. I think it looks marvelous now without dark shading as the ambient light changes....

But opinions do vary. Check it out and let me know. Thanks in Advance!

VooDoo

Comments

• Ive adjusted the reflection levels on every livery to take in the AMB changes and tweaked the reflection shader.

While I was at it, I changed the FDM to Yasim Current and applied the anti slip patch to the skids so it wont slowly spin round on the ground in the wind when its parked up.

Changes uploaded to the main hanger.

Also I have had a thought on why it can cause crashes over MP for other people. I will try to explain. Bare with me.

Although I can see Sanni in the Huey, when I wet to load it myself today, It does not appear in my launcher. I use custom aircraft folders that live outside the FG install directory.

I had to move the 205 into the FG Install/data/aircraft folder to allow me to load it and fly it.

I have this issue also with the Aircrane and some very old FG Aircraft as well.

There is a line of code in it somewhere that addresses the FG root. This is why it wont load in the launcher out side the data/aircraft folder. What ever file this is has no affect on viewing it ( for me ) over Multiplayer.

It will be a pain in the bum to find the error.

• If you use a launcher, your custom aircraft directory should be included to find it in your private dirs.

I'm using a '.fgfsrc' to run fgfs with the line

--fg-aircraft=/home/sanni/flightgear/Aircraft

If it is needed to inherit something, i always used relative paths like 'Aircraft/bell205/whatever_is_needed'.

And there is a line in 'bell205/Models/bell205.xml' (line 23):

var mppath = "/ai/models/multiplayer["~ cmdarg().getIndex() ~"]/";    var mppath = "/ai/models/multiplayer["~ cmdarg().getIndex() ~"]/";

I don't understand this complete group (lines 16 to 44), but i think it came with the lightpack. Esp. the '/ai/...' shouldn't it be a 'ai/...'??

Please, would you send me a pm with your changes? Then I could include them into my version and could get it to the hangar (if I am allowed to write to that directory...)?

• Thats not the FGUK Light pack code. I dont know where that comes from.

The launcher correctly finds all my custom aircraft folders, but not the 205 when it is in any of them.

Files I updated :-

All livery xml files.

Effects/reflect-uber.eff

FDM line 53 and lines 243 - 324 with each gear entry has stiction="1"/> added.

Set file, lines 265. Entries within the <rendering> tags updated

Thats all the changes I made. I uploaded it to the main hanger files.

• Awesome. Thanks Stuart!

VooDoo

• Many thanks for all your work.

One question: where have you addressed/used the file reflect-uber.eff Stuart?

• Bell205.xml, line 106

and monoengine.xml line 46

• I think I made so many changes, that you should have my actual version. 8|

Is it possible to upload a complete bell205.zip file to the hangar?

• I can do.

Give me a changelog for your new version and the zip file and I will update the hanger one.