Skip to content

Helis

Is there a list of planned helicopters? Or can i request/make one for FGUK’s hangar?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

Comments

• I dont do Russian choppers.

What is it you are looking for. I have many project chopers that have no made it as far as our development area yet.

• I was looking for an AW169

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• No 169 and there's no models available for it, But I have been doing this one...........................

• Which is that? The menu says 139 the middle says 149 XD

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Its the 149

I have the 139 as well.

• Do you have a link for either? Also are they flyable, if so which features are yet to be implemented?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• 139, very very early.

149, More advanced with most cockpit features in place but not yet animated. Flyable but with extreme care. its not what I would call releasable just yet.

• Let me know of you need any help with the 149 I’m happy to aid in any way i can, whether it’s code or liveries :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Its not at the stage for liveries yet and to be honest its mapping is quite crap and would probably benefit from remapping one I have finished modifying the model.

• Alright, I’d like to keep up with this project :) i like the aircraft :D

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• edited March 2023

A question about the making of FGUK Helis, how do you make the different configurations?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Its done through an xml file that works through the standard equipment/payload menu in FlightGear.

You need to define to the tions in the set file.

Have a payload position or positions defined in the FDM then you create a corresponding xml file that basically animated the objects you specify based on the options you define in the set file.

And yes, it is very easy to make a complete pigs ear of it.

• So say a heli only has 1 config, one would have to model the other configurations too? Or is there a default set that get called by the XML files?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Cant use a default set as the positions of all your bits for your configuration would be different for each helicopter.

If it only has 1 config, you dont need to add it as a payload option. Just bolt the bits on the model and adjust the FDM accordingly.

• What about if the current config is HEMS and I want to strip bits back and add seats?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Your talking about the ec135, arnt you.

It uses a livery based system to change configuration which can be problematic over multiplayer at times.

• Yeah the 135, was it that easy to tell XD

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• I have sent you a messae.

• Got it :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Hi Stuart, the 139 you've got, does it have a cockpit? I have the 139 that I found somewhere on GitHub, I can't remember which repo, but the cockpit doesn't exist, was wondering if there's one I could plug in basically.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• This is what I have in the 139 so far.

I have also acquired a very detailed AW169 model.

• That looks great!

Ooh a 169, that's the one I was originally after XD

Could I possibly get a copy of the 139, please? :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Nothings functional in it yet

• I don't mind, it's mostly just for the looks :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Hi Stuart, could I possibly get a link or something of the 169 model you mentioned? Thanks :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Cant give you anything yet cos Im still slicing up the parts to make it work in FG, but here is a pic of the full model for you.

• Oooooh, that looks amazing, can't wait to see it in FG and make a couple of HEMS liveries for it :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• You're working on at least three helis at once? How do you find the time XD

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• I dont, lol.

I had to take a break from it this week, so I started looking into the HDR stuff.

The AW169 comes with PBR textures. and 3 liveries.

• That's cool, PBR textures look great, I need to try out nightly at some point.

CJ

OrbitalMartian