Skip to content

FlightNight March 25th - Cruising The Caribbean Part 2!

We'll meet at 8 pm London time (remembering that the UK is not yet on Daylight Savings Time!) at ICAO: TDPD - Douglas - Charles Airport on the Island of Dominica. Please bring any aircraft of your choice from the FGUK Hangars that can attain/maintain 130 KIAS to altitudes of 5000' for an hours duration.

We'll depart and overfly TFFM, TFFB, TFFR, and land at TAPA: V.C. Bird International Airport on the Island of Antigua as our midpoint refresh and refuel point.

We will depart Antigua and overfly TKPN, TKPK, TNCE, and land at TFFJ - Gustaf III Airport on the Island of St. Barthelemy as our final destination. Long distances between islands will have us climbing to 3500 and then 5000 feet to gain a groundspeed advantage to we hit all of our waypoints.

More fabulous Caribbean Scenery and topography. Seascapes, mountains and shores. CYA!

VooDoo

Comments

• 2020.4 photoscenery for the next flight

OneDrive Link

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmRcwtiRJxd9g7kPQ1-K2sKllNcq2w?e=fGN4ZS

Install as before

• Thank You, Oly!

VooDoo

• Upgraded to 2020.3.18, downloaded photoscenery and installed as custom scenery as no. 1 over terrasync (still enabling osm2city), ticked "satellite photoscenery" - and I am absolutely flashed. This is so beautiful on Dominica!

Does my way sound right? I haven't found a photoscenery enabling "howto". The results of my attempts seem to fit well.

And: How do you deal with trees? I turned them off. Being several 100 ft agl it is much nicher with just the photo look on the woods, being very low, it seems a bit odd without trees.

Thanks, Oswald

• There is no single "correct " way to use orthos. You have found a way that works for you, continue using it that way.

I have trees turned on.

• However you make it work is the right way Oswald! I have a folder on my D: Drive that is called WorldOrthoScenery and inside it are all the folders for Orthophotos, Pylons, Terrain, NavData, Roads, Buildings, etc. and then in the FGFS Launcher under "Add-Ons" I set this folder to the highest position.

Be careful though....once you get hooked on the Orthophoto Scenery you'll never be able to go back.

VooDoo

• Due to a Birthday party my daughter is attending, I will ether be late or not attending.

This is due to the delivery time of 6pm, and a round trip of 90min to complete delivery, and then getting Dinner organised after that and all done before flight.

If by some slime chance the trip is less and dinner earlier, then all should be good. This is however unlikely due to carrying 2 other teens, them being very unlikely to be ready to go at the appointed time, and me having to drive like Ms Daisy as the twisty roads with induce vomiting in one or more teens if I exercise my motorsport abilities to gain time in any way.

• Why don't you take your EC130? Might not necessarily prevent nausea but make it much quicker. Your teens would be thrilled!

• That would get them there virtually, but I need to get them there actually.

• We'll see ya if we see ya...please travel safely!

VooDoo

• Absolutely fucking well said, been there, done that, did not get the T-shirt. Awww Dad why did you drive like that ?

:puke:

Hahaha