Skip to content

Help in Blender

Hi folks, me again XD, I've been working on a helicopter for FG and I have become completely confused about how to shape from the front view, I've done the side and top. Any tips?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

Comments

• Before you do anything in blender you need a sacrificial Virgin or 10 sacrificial chickens + 2 goats.

Without that, nothing you try will work.

• You are completely confused....well...drink a beer and all is clear Amigo : )

• Yer ahead of me...I have never been able to make Blender do anything and use AC3D exclusively.

VooDoo

• I mean, I stopped for a day, went back tried from scratch using a different approach and got to this point XD.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Its a start

• Its a start....yeah yeah its a very good start !

Keep going and you'll reach that standard. I see it. You can do it. You have the potential. Motivation pic. ; )

• CJ

OrbitalMartian

• How the f do you guys make sounds for aircraft? XD I've had this in my mind since I started flying in FG, still not wrapped my head around it.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• So, when we hear a sound, like a car engine or a person's voice, what we're actually hearing is a combination of many different frequencies of sound waves. Each of these frequencies contributes to the overall "timbre" or quality of the sound that we perceive.

Now, in simulation, we often want to create sounds that are realistic and believable, but we might not have access to recordings of the exact sound we're trying to simulate. One way to create a plausible sound is to take the spectrum of a similar sound and apply it to white noise.

White noise is a type of noise that contains all frequencies of sound at equal levels. It sounds like a hiss or a static sound. By taking the spectrum of a different sound and applying it to white noise, we can essentially "shape" the white noise to match the frequency content of the original sound.

Think of it like a coloring book. The white noise is like a blank page, and the spectrum of the original sound is like a coloring sheet. By putting the coloring sheet on top of the blank page and tracing over it, we can create a new image that has the same overall shape and structure as the original, but with different colors and textures.

In the case of sound simulation, the resulting sound will have the same frequency content as the original sound, but with the "texture" of white noise. This can create a sound that is similar enough to the real thing to be convincing to our ears.

This is how I made that example sound. I took the spectrum of an AW139 cockpit recording which had spoken words and helicopter blade sounds etc. and just applied the spectrum to white noise and gone are the speech and the blades and practically the turbine sound is left which sounds close enough to the original.

The original is here for comparison:

https://youtu.be/iLEwbQFNMsE?t=165

• Me again, I need some advice.

How would I go about making the doors?

I definitely have too many faces in the model. XD

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• AW139 ???

And I have no idea how to do anything remotely complex in any 3d package, never mind blender.

• AW169

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• 169 is slightly smaller than the 139. Would have been easier to shrink the 139 model slightly than to make a new one.

• Am I allowed to do that? Idk where to get the model from though.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• its a GPL model, so yes you can bend it a little, or bash it, or cut a few inches off.

The Basic AW139 can be downloaded here:-

https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/aw139

Dont expect much from it but you will have the basic 3d model from it.

• Ok thanks Stuart :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian