Skip to content

Airbus H145

Just wondering if FGUK as a Airbus H145 in the development stream.

I have been researching Yorkshire AA and they are getting two 5 bladed H145 D3 in the summer

https://www.yorkshireairambulance.org.uk/news-patient-stories/news/yorkshire-air-ambulance-confirm-upgrade-of-existing-helicopter-fleet/

I also came across some MSFS scenery which I love to add to my copy FG (currently just a empty field which I can spawn at)

https://flightsim.to/file/11242/h135-yorkshire-air-ambulance-helicopter-nostell-air-support-base-scenery-wakefield

Is there any way of extracting MSFS objects? for private us

Comments

• We have a fully functional H145. Its combined in the same package as an updated EC145. The EC145 part is not yet completed ( its vastly different from the existing one )

• Wait, how can you transfer the MSFS scenery to FG?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

• Technically you cant. you could convert the objects then manually insert them in to FG

• Thanks Stuart for the reply, the different tailplane confused me, the H145 pictures I have seen have an enclosed tailrotor and the FGUK as a triplane vertical stablisers and exposed tailrotor.

However it will be easier to do an YAA livery.

The MSFS scenery looks impressive but from the download I can't find any useable objects, I have email the author to see if he willing to share his scenery objects.

LinuxGamer - sometimes you can export from FSX bgl files into 3D objects which can then be converted into AC3D model files which can then be placed into the scenery (with permission from the author).

• The H145:-

The EC145 has the older Standard tail and will have a corrected non Helionyx instrument panel.

The H145 is simple and stable to fly but because its got a huge amount of systems replication in it, it may be heavy on the frame rates on some systems.

• Wait, how do you get the H145?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• you dont yet.

Its an addition within the EC145 that we currently have. The package when its next updated will have the EC145, and also the H145(M) available. Both with different cockpit specifications.

Reason both are in the same package is to save on duplication of common systems and parts.

• Yes I downloaded the current ec145 from the hanager and I manage to fly it feels similar to the BK117. This models frame rates look good.

Look forward to the new version shown above.

• Can't wait

• The Early EC145s were just a BK117 with a nose job, slightly more power and updated avionics. So thats why it flies very like the BK117

• Speaking of the ec145... I've found a little bug/glitch with the floats, they are see through. I did get a screenshot but keep getting a 400 error here, I'll see if I can send it in a bit.

CJ

OrbitalMartian