Skip to content

FlightNight April 22 - Tour of Southern Alps in Italy and Switzerland!

We'll meet at 8pm London time at ICAO - LIMF: Turin Airport in Italy. Ideally we are looking for light GA Aircraft but you can bring anything from the FGUK Hangars that can attain/maintain 130 KIAS to 10K' for an hours duration. From are starting point we will fly East along the Southern edge of the Alps and overfly LILE, LSZL, LSML, and land at LILO: Sondrio Caiolo Airport as our midpoint refresh/refuel destination. Getting in/out of this airport in FGFS is just plain scary as it can only be landed on heading West (see the picture - right into a mountain wall!) and you can only depart by heading East and falling off the end of the runway.

Some practice is in order or maybe consider a 'Chopper.

After a break we'll continue on to LIDT (overfly) and finally land at LIDA - Asiago Airport in Italy as our final destination. Lots of fabulous scenery and terrain as well as some pretty nice airports. See all you FGUK'ers at flight time!

VooDoo

Comments

• Photoscenery for 2020.3.18 or 2020.4 users

OneDrive link

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmRcwtiRJxd9g7tykkGyIh2ZvOJ-gw?e=Sru0vE

Install as normal

• LILO is displaced from its correct position by serveral miles and half up a mountain (FG spawns at the mountain one).

Last screenshot from the mountain strip back to the correct postion!

• Real airport

• Got an arrive due bang on 8pm so I may not be flying.

I have to do the checkins on my own at the moment. Margaret has a flask of boiling water explode on her on Tuesday. Most of it landed on her foot which is badly scalded and blistered so shes not able to do much at the moment.

• Sorry to hear that, Stu. Hope Margaret gets better in good time.

• Oh that's horrible to hear. I keep my fingers crossed for Margaret that everything heals well.

• Damn Dude! Tell Margaret we send healing thoughts!

VooDoo