Skip to content

FlightNight April 29th - Warbird Chase 'N Cruise in Turkiye!

We'll meet at 8 pm London time at ICAO: LTCG - Trabzon Airport in Turkiye. Please bring the Warbird of your choice (I'd prefer ya'll bring Fighters and not bombers) that can attain/maintain 270 KIAS up to 13K'. A portion of the first half of the flight will be below 1000' AGL and a fast chase through/over rugged terrain so choose your aircraft accordingly.

From point of origin we will climb smartly to 13000' and cross a fabulous mountain range and then over fly our next destination of LTCA at <1000' and the low level chase will be on to LTCD, where we will again climb to altitude and cruise to our midpoint destination of LTAR - Sivas Airport for refresh and refuel.

After refresh and refuel we will depart and head back to our point of origin, LTCG as a 10K' cruise. My intention is to "dumb down" the chase phase and eliminate some of the violent turning to make it easier than it was in our Vegas chases in the hills. Still, you'll need agility and something you are confident and competent in.

Lot of cool stuff to see in Turkiye! See ya There!

VooDoo

Comments

• Hi VooDoo

the last flight with the BF-110G2 was just that I lifted the nose a bit up and played with the thrust to keep the slow speed. My speed was in the range of 137-145 kts I believe.

• Not understanding your point but technically the Bf-110 was designated as a "Heavy Fighter" and deployed in that roll to fairly good effect. That said, I just took it on a run for the first half of FlightNight's intended route and it'll do the job pretty well. So, if you wanna bring it please do so.

Actually thinking of using it myself as it has a much bigger and rather unique profile and seems easy to keep and eye on especially with smoke rolling. Watch for wires!

VooDoo

• Photoscenery for Saturaday flightnight

OneDrive Link

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmRcwtiRJxd9g8ETFfzGCxQfxuLVBw?e=sP94nd

Install as before

• Hi VooDoo

The Point was that you ask me on the last FN if I flown with one click of flaps. 

So...if you don't get the point now, how I could keep the slow speed.

Then I say that = 

Hey what's up I come to Chicago and I drink so much beer with you that you lie under the table. And I say it again again I don't flown it with a click of flaps...DUUUUDE !!!

Was the last sentence a bit of an american style ?

Pfffff.....definitive not....or a bit....hm maybe a bit ?

I lost it. But I have tryed.... :( ....snief.

OK OK ...forget that shit.....that could be cool if you bring the BF-110G2 and I bring the FW-190A8 updated version Honey Bunny Buddy.

• Thanks Oly!

VooDoo

• Sorry to be a pain but I get a 404 error for the daVinci_Bf-110G2 download link

• No problemo.....try again. No idea how I fixed it but I did. The Veltro was throwing a 404 Error as well but the link addresses were correct.

https://sites.google.com/view/fgukhangar/flightgear-uk-home-page/hangar/davinci-aircraft/warbirds

VooDoo

• That's fixed it dude !

• That is a lovely looking model, thanks VooDoo ! :)