Skip to content

I lost my Wife, Kelly.

Friday, my lovely wife of 44 years left this world. Needless to say, I am completely devastated. Spent most of today making funeral arrangements - so sorry about missing FlightNight Saturday but I hope to be back in the saddle with FGUK and the Saturday Flights as it means so much to me and I know Kelly enjoyed hearing the banter.

But for a few weeks I might be absent or unable to plan a Flight as much as I need that to get my head straight again if it ever happens. I need to learn how to pay all the bills and coordinate with Banks and such and get all of her stuff transferred to me and even as I started doing it a little today I realized how overwhelming it was going to be.

FGUK and all of the folks who participate or more than just people on the internet. Yer all good friends and our relationship is very dear to me. I'll be back in the saddle as soon as I can think straight. Think good thoughts for me. When I'm not full of alcohol I'll appreciate them very much - please carry on the show in my absence and know that I'll be back.

VooDoo

Comments

• So sorry to hear this. I've been married about the same time and I couldn't bear the thought of losing my wife. Take as long as you need. I'll try to fill in for you with the FlightNights. 

• Gaad Bless you, Warts. Thanks for helping me.

VooDoo

• Take all the time you ned, we will manage so dont think you need to rush back into things, you dont.

We are all sorry for your loss.

• VooDoo I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss, I send all our best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time.

Regardless of what absolute fuckery goes on within these electronic walls at FGUK I consider you a friend first and foremost. Please take all the time you need, or ask anything you wish of us and we're here for you.

We've not come 13 years down the line without having each others backs. You've got a support network here if you need it. Even if you just drop into a flight for 30 minutes one night for a bit of downtime and disgusting banter then slide off when it gets too much.

If at all possible, and if you're happy to share the details, please let us know if there's any charities or groups for donations we could send to that Kelly would have liked.

You're in our thoughts, brother.

• Brothers... Jesus is at the door! You will see your loved ones soon.

https://youtu.be/7Cfq1Zrq-gk

My prayers go out for you all.

• Oh man.... VooDoo.... that is so sadly strong to read this that I get a tear in my eyes. Because I know that you are a very warm and emotional friend and I love your fucking humor !

I wish you very very much strength in your grief !

My sincere condolences VooDoo.

• I am really sorry for your loss, the good people seam to be taken early and the ones the planet could do without go on forever.

• Thanks you guys. Trying to stay busy and it kinda helps but this is just gonna take the rest of my Life to deal with. Right now I need any distraction I can find until I get things under control. Don't be surprised to see my flying FGFS online. Maybe even make FlightNight as I as I know Kelly thought highly of everyone involved.

Wish Peace for me.

VooDoo

• So sorry to hear the sad news, VooDoo, it took me aback.

As others have said, we're hear if you need to talk/vent steam.

Take all the time you need, matey. The loonies here at FGUK will keep the Flight Night wheels grinding away.

Again, my condolences to You and your Family.

• Dear VooDoo, I am very sorry to hear about your loss and send my condolences to you and your family. Just occures to me: Do you have kids that lost her mother, share your grief for getting along with one another's support and help?

When you shared your worries about your wife's health in recent months in FGUK "bantering", there was so much warmth and hope in your voice, I do assume that you have had a good time together despite her illness and I hope that she hasn't suffered to much.

For me, saturday night flying is more than just flying around with some guys, too. It is flying, and it is meeting with FGUK pals, and I am very grateful for being part of this kind of community once a week. I love it to be welcomed everytime I attend, to have learned to distinguish your voices and better understand the whole bunch of accents (even the scottish ;) ). I am sorry that I don't take part in more complex communication during flight night, my English just isn't good enough to get my thoughts into speech. I am glad that you share your grief with us and hope you can find a little bit of comfort from your FGUK friends.

I am sorry that I can't take part a lot these weeks as my PC is old and slow and I simply didn't find the time yet to replace it, and there is lot of occupational and familial business around which takes most of my saturday evenings. But I will be back.

VooDoo, I wholeheartedly wish you peace and consolation.

Oswald

• Thanks, Everyone. No, we had no children. Kelly was my everything. Best friend and confidant. I have no idea how to live without her but I'm gonna figure it out one day at a time.

Luckily I have many family and good neighbors to prop me up.

VooDoo

• Just so we know who we are dealing with....

VooDoo

• Look at the handsome devil!

If you ever want a chat about aeroplanes or talk shit about whisky then you know where to find me mate.

We've got your back.

• Dear Voodoo

Please accept my deepest condoleances for the great loss you suffured.

I can really understand your distress and disarray as I lost my wife twnety years ago and again my partner in life for the last 11 years last month, after a one-year fight against leukemia.

This explains why I made few appearances during FlighNights these past months.

Hope to be in a position to fly again with you, all FGUKers, as soon as my thoughts make it possible.

Kind regards

F- LCAS

• So sorry to hear about this Voodoo

• Super thanks for all the kind thoughts.

VooDoo

• ...and F-LCAS, I am sorry for your losses. This is unbearable. The only thing that helps is alcohol and it's too early for that.

VooDoo

• Hey Voodoo

Alex emailed me & let me know what happened - I'm very sorry for your loss. Take your time getting things together - we're all rooting for you from all over the world

take care

Brendan

• I've been out of FGUK for family reasons for quite a while now, but been reading here from time to time.

This is not what I was hoping for!

I am so sorry for your loss, Voodoo!! Just imagining to lose my wife already kills me. I embrace you in my thoughts and hope that pain becomes bearable for you at some moment in time. Stay strong, get well soon. Kelly is probably watching from high above and wishing exactly that.

Hans

• My deepest condolences VooDoo, God bless you. Take as much time as you need. Wish you luck :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

• Thanks for all your kind words and thoughts. I'll need all the luck I can find now.

VooDoo

• You know, that offer stands and will, so you can come over as soon as you like and can :)

You'll always have a place over here and we will welcome you, man..

And in the meantime we'll wait for you to come back to our little virtual place in this world where we are there for you and each other.

Lot's of love and fingers crossed for everything that you'll need to sort out.

• Thank you Brother. My Life is a mess right now but hope some sense of normality may return eventually. Right now I'm just trying to put one foot in front of the other and keep busy.

VooDoo

• Hi,

VooDoo I'm really sorry for your loss, I was able to join this forum just yesterday or the day before that so I know I'm a little late but still I hope that your pain will be less with time and with the help of this awesome community.

Stay strong,

Cyber

• Thank You, Cyber. Your participation in FlightNight is a tribute to my pain and sorrow. Thank You.

VooDoo

• Hi VooDoo..

I've just read your story, and wanted to pass on my condolences.

I know I hardly ever get to join flight nights or chat much on the forum, but I will always remember you as the guy who very kindly helped a relative stranger (me) by donating a graphics card to my computer build project.

I'm so sorry that you have suffered your loss - no words can help, but only time will help to soften the blow. Keep yourfelf busy and talking to people, luckily you have the support of the guys here.

Take care, Scott.

• Thanks Scott. It means a lot.

VooDoo

• I'm sure you will be in the thoughts of everyone who has read this..