Skip to content

FlightNight Sept. 23rd - The Matterhorn and Associated Glaciers!

We'll meet at 8 pm London time at ICAO: LSZA - Lugano Airport in Switzerland. Please bring the aircraft of your choice from the FGUK Hangars that can attain/maintain 130 KIAS @ 17,000' for one hours duration. Ideally I'm looking for prop driven fixed wing aircraft but choppers are welcome if they fit the performance criteria. Shortly after departing South out of Lugano, we will turn due West and climb continuously to 17K'.

We are going to observe the Matterhorn Peak but more importantly we are looking at the plethora of well represented glaciers which are really something in FGFS with Orthographic Scenery running. I already have Orthos for this area as I save every FlightNight Ortho Scenery but here is a file for Oly to generate a new set if he is so inclined and for ya'll to gather scenery. This is not the exact route:

Immediately after passing The Matterhorn we will turn Northish and overfly LSHG before landing at LSTS as our midpoint refresh/refuel point. After refresh, we will depart and fly Westish along a mountain ridge until we gain sufficient altitude to turn South and then approx. 225 degrees to waypoint OBIGO and then on to ICAO: 7352 - St Remy de Maurienne airport in France as our final destination. Many more glaciers to observe in the second half as well.

Comms on TeamSpeak as always. Looking forward to sharing the intense scenery.

VooDoo

Comments