Skip to content

FlightNight for October 21 - Sightseeing on Kamchatka.

We'll meet at 8pm London Time at ICAO: UHPY - Klyuchi Air Base  located in Klyuchi, Russia. Please bring the chopper of your choice from the FGUK Hangars capable of attaining/maintaining 110 KIAS at altitudes up to 12K' for an hours duration. If preferred, you can bring a light fixed wing aircraft that meets the criteria. We are going to land on Vulkan Tolbachikskiy (South of the airport) and I have successfully landed the daVinci_Bf-108 there and even managed to get back off the snow and into the air. We will return to UHPY for our midpoint refresh and refuel.

After refresh we will depart North and observe Shiveluch, which is a massive active volcano (not active in FGFS) of epic proportions. After observation we will return to UHPY as our final destination.

Comms on TeamSpeak as always.

This scenery came from TerraSync and has most of the stuff we are going to look at using Orthophotos.

This is some of the most dramatic scenery I have ever seen in FlightGear so please gather the scenery and join me in flying Kamchatka!

VooDoo

Comments