Skip to content

FlightNight 28th October 2023 - Spooky as Sin!

Boo!

This weeks Flight Night will be celebrating the spooky season.

We'll be starting at 2000 BST Wick (EGPC) and heading down throughout Scotland delivering cheer and pumpkins to all those doing the most vital work.

The weather will be set on live (hopefully, unless it's really bad) because then we can all have lots of spooky atmospheric wind and stuff.

Half time will be at EGEO (Oban) and after that we'll head out over some of the most important islands out there to deliver more seasonal spooky delights.

We will finish at EGPK once our work is done.

The aircraft for the evening is going to be the Short Belfast - you'll need this version here along with the payload kit also included. Drop them both in your aircraft file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ePYbsQV8qUh5vDSbi7UeSzuUKMBSp70r/view?usp=drive_link

Comms will be on TeamSpeak and everyone will be expected to be wearing their best Trick or Treating costume.

I'm sure someone will be along with the Scottish Ortho pack soon as I can't quite find the link:

I look forward to seeing you there!

Comments

• Great idea, looking forward to that night although I am not sure if I can attend - I'll be on call.

The link to the aircraft requires a google account and after logging in I still have no access, sent an email request via google (real name).

Oswald

• Same here, even though I'm logged in ?

Am not going to be 'Requesting Access'

• I requested access but didn't get an Email Approval,

VooDoo

• edited October 2023

Never Mind....I got it!

VooDoo

• Thanks for access, Alex. Aircraft works fine, not much fuss about powering up ;)

It might be of help if you give us an idea of how to get the payload downloaded into the aircraft in order to train a bit beforehand ...

Oswald

• Apologies guys I did mess the permissions up, it should be fixed now.

Oswald if you load the aircraft from that folder as normal then everything you will need for the flight night is in advance. All training will be given on the evening!

• If you'd like an Autopilot that works, just download this and stuff it in the Systems folder of the Short Belfast. Overwrite the existing file when prompted.

You're welcome.

VooDoo

• Thank you, VooDoo!

• I normally use Firefox as my main browers and get the login fir every download but I have found copying the line to Chrome it downloads without issue.

• I can't seem to get the payloads to work - being thick today.

I've put it in the folder where my aircraft are.

• I don't even have a payloads option in the Short Belfast I downloaded. So we'll have to be patient and see what Alex has cooked up for us on Saturday.

VooDoo

• I cant remember if the payloads were fully implemented on the belfast.

• There's none in the menu for "Fuel and Payload".....

VooDoo