Skip to content

HDR and PBR development

1235»

Comments

• Thats the secret isnt it

• lol, is it a well-kept secret or do you mind sharing it?

• edited May 12

Its a model change. You need to set the transparency level in blender/ac3d. The issue is, if you go much less in hdr ( less white ) then in normal ALS, you cant see the glass hardly at all. Its a bit of a balancing act at the moment until I come up with a better solution that works in both modes. Remember, I am trying to make models work in both modes rather than just HDR or just ALS ( basically doing what they said cant be done, again.................. )

I suppose you're doing it this way, in that case the new solution would most definitely be superior to that as you wouldn't have to tinker with anything, you just set what looks good in either shader and leave it alone.

• something like that

• That’s the 109… in HDR it’s doubley beautiful! Amazing work Stu, can’t wait.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

• Myyyyyyyyyyyy gaaaaaad, looking spanky, can't wait to make a Slovenian Police Air Support livery for it.

• edited May 14

I have a couple of SaxonAir and other executive travel liveries in mind, Thunder 1 being the first one, the others are just matt black with a registration.

Oh and the RAF and Qineteq one.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Ibiza at sunset in the H145

• So I had a little time and did something as an experiment.

HDR lighting on ships.

• Really awesome, now we only need to have visible light sources when you look directly at the light, icecode told me one only has to specify some radiance in the effect file for the light model.

• Agree too, ships on light is cool...light is life.

• Went back to Raron last night in HDR.

• Grand Canyon area...is one of the most greatest places on Earth....is so fucking delicious...in my small opinion.

• That my good sir is one mighty fine looking aircraft. Great work and it looks impeccable in HDR.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Thanks a lot Orbi from my bottom of my heart !!!

In this case was not the aircraft the hero of the story.

But I completely understand what you mean... ; )

The news about the Vulcan are...some changes did FGUK-Team done and some fancy liveries will more follow.

WUUUAA.... I hope the FGUK Bosses are not angry about me that I told to much.

• There's no bosses here Eagle, we are all one big group of FGUK'ers and you are as much a part of that as anyone else.

• Yeah yeah I know I know.....

But in my case of the game you are the fancy pants bosses.

But did you know I have also fancy pants on...so I know I'm a part of it....aaahhhhh.... : )

• wooooooow, great work there eagle and nice HDR flying and photography, looks stunning

• Thanks Cyber.... ; )

You have a great Channel here Cyber...I enjoy it.... : )