Skip to content

Spitfire - Startup

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone here could guide me or point me in the direction of some tutorials or documents to create a "realistic" startup procedure in the Spitfire MkV. And adding animation for switches and such.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

Tagged:

Comments

• edited December 2023

Thanks, how about the FG side of it, the code side?

I probably didn't make my question clear - I was pretty vague

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• The Code will have to be custom written

• So I understand that I'd have to add the animations, but how would I make it so that the startup has to be done in the order on the checklist?

Also in terms of files structure and directory structure, what file/s contain the startup stuff?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• currently it only has the default keys required, Magnitis + starter.

If you want to create a full manual startup you will need nasal to define the steps. Such a file would live in the aircrafts nasal folder and be called from the set file. You would need to define keybindings for every step unless you want it purely done by interaction with the cockpit in which case each switch, lever and knob would need animated and tied to the correct properties.

• Right, thanks, I think I'll go for cockpit interactions so as not to overload keybindings. I'll figure out whether the levers , switches and knobs needed for the startup are modelled and are separate objects. (In the event they aren't separate in the model, how would one do that?).

I went through that video you sent and made a markdown file with the checklist.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• edited December 2023

I watched that video.

Good luck.

• Note that the Spitfire from the official FGAddon hangar has a pretty complete-looking working control board. You might want to look at how it's implemented and if it can be transplanted.