Skip to content

FlightNight - 27th January 2024 - Maltese Mozzzz

Welcome to FlightNight FGUK'ers

In 1943 the Mosquitos ruled the skies over Malta. 23 squadron used the island as their base of operations to disrupt Italian forces and attack targets of opportunity.

We will be having a casual simulation of some of that. Using the island as our playground to avoid boring long flights over water where you lot will get all bored.

Please meet at LMML at 8pm UK time sharp and bring one of the following from the FGUK stable:

Mosquito

Hurricane

Spitfire

All should be in some form of tropical/desert camo and fit out. 23 Sqn did primarily use the Mossie during their time in Malta but I've added the other two as it can be a bit of a handful and a Hurricane or Spit in desert garb is just as beautiful.

IF you really did fancy bringing something else that's in a tropical/desert scheme and would have been used in the Med in 1943 then please make sure you link it here in advance so we can avoid blue gliders. We won't be flying overly fast but will be low and wiggly.

There is some scenery here which is the same name as we've used before but with additional scenery objects.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iOgbN8OjjvLuIe3wrzCNmxqJ649uwmE5/view?usp=sharing

I've just noticed the Orthos aren't in there which is strange. I could have sworn they were. If anyone has the orthos to hand please let me know otherwise I'll re-do and upload Saturday AM.

Comments

• edited January 26

Hopefully this is the right stuff.....someone quick check it and see, please

e010n30.zip

Unzip it to the Orthophoto folder where ever you have your custom scenery.

VooDoo

• I done some photoscenery for this area

OneDrive Link

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmRcwtiRJxd9g_AhJgr6A8VkNNdYKg?e=uEVufT

Install as normal

• Could one possibly dictate a livery you wish to use from the Da-Vinci library of the Mossie ?

I can't seem to find a suitable one.

Many Thanks

• There's a bunch of them that are camo of one kind or another. I'm bringing NFII V4_YPA. Check out Black Rufe. Or THZ. Or 246th Squadron for camo and invasion stripes. Anybody check the Orthos I posted?

VooDoo

• Yeah tried those, not what Alex is looking for. But look good to me..

Orthos - not yet.

• Sorry 'bout that Voodoo, you are correct. Black Rufe for me.