Skip to content

H145 Test Flight

I had a fun filled day flying the H145, even caught Stuart in my neck of the woods.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

Tagged:

Comments

• Ok theres something wrong with your system. Your not seeing the liveries over MP ether. I do. This could be related to your other issues with it.

What OS are you using.

• Windows 11, I did wonder whether you’d changed livery but saw the broken tail livery.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• I would suggest a clean install on the 145, and probably in the default aircraft directory

• I did that today but I might have messed up the .zip so I’ll redownload it from the site tomorrow and see if it fixes it.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Did a fresh download and extracted to a brand new directory in my Documents folder (as opposed to me external hard drive) and this is the rudder input needed, top is cruise, bottom is hover, is this more normal?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• After a fresh install of the 145, this is what I see MPwise for other H145s

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Still not right. You are the only one having this issue.

• Is everyone else on 2020.3.19? Maybe a fresh install of FG.

Could you send me a zip of the 145 from your PC and I see if that works any different from the one I downloaded?

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Its too big to email

• So which bit isn’t right? The rudder inputs or the liveries (I know the answer about the liveries, they’re really broken). I could try flying it with my Xbox controller rather than my HOTAS, see if I get the same results if not maybe I’ll try a complete fresh install of it, removing old locations and downloads, and maybe a fresh FG install.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• I honestly dont know whats wrong. The liveries would suggest a path error. What you could try with those is to edit each livery xml with the exact path as seen on your PC and see what happens.

As for your sticks, the last screenshots were bettwe but still quite off. Testing with the other controller would give an idea if it is the sticks or something else weird on your system.

• Not in flight (yes I know I've crashed) but this is the rough input for a hover with my Xbox controller (flying on controller is hard XD)

I am trying to actually install my HOTAS drivers see if that fixes it, also removed my external harddrive (in case theres any mismatched paths or cache) and in turn also removed all my Addons (like headtracker which might have inputs).

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Ok, so after installing the drivers, it's about this, I have a couple more things I want to try before reinstalling FG.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Ok, oddly enough, the xbox controller hover pedal position was about right.

Do you calibrate your sticks in windows or just use them as is ?

• I just plug and play, no config (save the joystick input xml file, to setup a reset view binding), maybe I’ll try using the default one and see whether there was anything there.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• You need to calibrate your sticks using the windows joystick calibration.

• This is what Joystick Calibration comes up with under properties.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• I have a feeling that this is a bit closer?

If it is, now just to test the liveries.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• Its much closer.

• Woo! I did another fresh, clean install, I hope this also fixes liveries but if not I can try the hard coding the paths.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• I have the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One. No pedals.

Set it up in windows 10, several years ago, not touched it since, set it up in FG, left it as it was for ages.

Flew the 145 just now and although I can't get the AP to work, after 15 minutes of faffing around, I found it quite a pleasure to fly, and it was easy too !

Are the photos below of any use to you ? (I don't know what the doodad at the bottom of the HUD indicates - is it slippage?)

I am not putting any corrective inputs in, just holding Her steady as best I can.

• The Doodad is the pedal position. Yours were cantered

• I haven't got pedals, therefore, does the software automatically do it for you ?

• Pedals asin rudder, so if you use any rudder input it will show it there.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

• well if your put pressing anything to do with rudder/yaw then it will stay centred

• I don't think I was but I can retry if you want ?

I am positive I was not adding rudder to it.

• Anyway, laters !