Skip to content

Whilst you were all flying...

For only the second time (and 9 years after the first) I managed to get up to Stuart's site and spend 4 wonderful days enjoying the Scottish scenery, attractions and hospitality.

A 1,243 mile round trip in the car but worth every one of them.

That meant that while you lot were flying on Saturday night Stuart and I got to have the famous ice cream together!

Couldn't have such a momentous occasion without a picture being taken.

Oh and before anyone points it out, Stuart's daughters friend had already told us that we were dressed the same just with the colours reversed and they all found it hilarious.

Comments

• Pic taken while raining.........................

• Nice to see Stuart looking so happy. Almost breaking into a smile there. Getting a free ice cream can do that for a man.

• I paid for it !

• Nice to see you had a great time together. Yeah... with the clothes is funny...fancy pants...fancy pants... : )

When we was in Scotland...um round about 20 years ago we had a castle tour. That means we had 4 or 5 castle with overnight stay. That was really great. We drove with the rent car I believe round about 2.000 km. In any case, we were at the highest point that is accessible by car.It has a name but I can't remember the name....but it was aaahhhh very very scary. We had made it and we was full with adrenaline.

The castle tour had cost round about 3.000 Euro without rent car. The flight was very cheap... believe it or not, it was with Easyjet with 28 EURO pro person without daughter child was not yet planned. And the hammer was we didn't payed the flight because the Airbus was broken and we had stayed 8 hours for 1 hour flight time at the Berlin Airport. Easyjet had gifted us the flight. But that was horrible to stay 8 hours at the Airport. So the begining of the holidays was not so good but the rest was brilliant. Stirling Castle, Loch Ness,Edinburgh,Oban, Lowlands, Highlands and much much more we had seen.

Last year a couple friends of mine was also in Scotland.... and they said  

Scotland was very expensive but also beautiful.

But in this times is everything has become expensive.

• Looks like you had a great time, the pic is just top notch :) Did the ice cream live up to its reputation?

• FGUK's "Poster Boys".....Having some fun and looking good doing it.

VooDoo

• Ice cream!! ????

Is that, in any case, yogurt ice cream? ... measuring by Stuarts smile.. hehe ????

Nice one Alex! I finally ordered my passport so I could fly over - two months waiting period ahead now ... that's Germany for ya.. ????

• Nice pic guys :)