Skip to content

Map Fix - STAMEN Maps FG1000

edited August 21 in General

Some may have noticed that the maps in the FG1000 and some other glass cockpit panels in FG will have stopped working over the past 10 months, unless you have cached maps locally. Leading to errors in the console and black sections of map. 

I've put together a little fix that hopefully will get included in the next version of FG but until then it should work with any versions of FG from mid 2019 onward. 

Here's the link to where you can download it, the file is MapFix

https://avionyx.co.uk/downloads/

Instructions: 

This fix allows FlightGear's FG1000 panel to switch from using the STAMEN hosted map tiles to using Open Street Map tiles directly, as the STAMEN service is no longer available.

Installation is simply by changing two files which are included here. 

In your main FG data directory find the folder: 

Nasal>canvas>map

and replace the two files inside there:

STAMEN.lcontroller

STAMEN_terrain.lcontroller

with the two included here of the same names. 

You may need to clear cached maps before you see the new ones but that can be done by deleting/renaming the folder, if on Windows installed on C drive, at: 

C:/Users/[USER]/AppData/Roaming/flightgear.org/cache/maps

Hope it's of use to some. 

Alex

Comments

• Thank you Mr. Alex, I was going to ask about this once I figured how, but now I don't.

• Nice, how quick this went with just that minimum amount of communication on the mailing list. Thumbs up!

• It'd be good if we could get it included in next. Perhaps @EnRogue could do the honours? I can't seem to get the perms to do it myself

• Wow, I actually got something to work. Thanks for this update.

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

• My system update - many thanks

• I don't have commit/merge access - to get stuff merged in the past I have created my own fork/branch on sourceforge, then created a merge request (which is then usually merged by James)