Skip to content

FlightNight - 21st May 2022 - A Nice day for it

We have a good evening ahead of us.

A friendly basquillionaire who we ferried a few weeks ago enjoyed our services so much they've hired us to transfer their entire special photographical art collection out of France for them as apparently it's too risqué, even for the French.

We will start the evening at LFML and then proceed to LFMN for a half time break.

The first hour will be ensuring that everyone is familiar with their workhorse for the evenings charter.

You are going to need, and be proficient with, the Westland Scout:

https://sites.google.com/view/fgukhangar/flightgear-uk-home-page/hangar/rotary-wing/westland-scout

For the second half we will be departing LFMN and heading up into the hills to the special helipad prepared for us where the massive stash of photographical art has been prepared for our collection. We will then fly it in shuttle trips back and forth between some barges just out in the bay past Nice airport. It will be a nice test of your proficiency in the Scout which hopefully should have been increased in the first part.

The Orthos from a few week ago will serve us well which you can get here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CQI0n_LavpupyQFxf8lRDFuhLyHNOE_V/view?usp=sharing

There is also a custom scenery set which I'll make available later, just putting the finishing touches to it.

Any questions?

Comments

• edited May 2022
  • Here's the scenery for the flight. Simply add it in the launcher the way you would any scenery. Shouldn't be anything too complex:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r649msiui3FdIbIfZueus_FbIBn7WH5W/view?usp=sharing

• Not sure if I have the scenery set up correctly. Where is the nearest scenery object I should be able to see? :)

• If you load in at Nice and look 135 degrees you should see, just to the left of a grey static scenery yacht there is a set of 2 barges and a tug.

They are quite small but should be visible from the airfield.

• Thanks Avionyx, but I'm not seeing it. I assume it should be near this ship(see pic) I must not have installed the scenery correctly. Can someone tell me how to install the file from the launcher...for those of us who are inept ;)

• Sorry for the delay I've been out all day.

If you go to "Add-ons" on the left of the launcher and then click "Add" in the Additional Scenery Folders area.

You select the top folder, so the one with the "Nice day for it" title" then it should appear in the list and, from there, there's no reason it shouldn't work. Fingers crossed

• I'm an idiot and got the airports the wrong way round. I've edited the original post

START IS AT LFML - HALF TIME BREAK IS AT LFMN

I am aware I'll get lots of flak for this... It's my fault and I'm sorry, please take the piss relentlessly.

• Added to this: On the right hand side of the list you can move an item up and down. If you have you terrasync running, move the custom scenery up above terrasync (or whatever might be your standard scenery, maybe the Orthos?).

CU!

Oswald

• edited May 2022

Thanks avionyx. I installed that way, but still not sure its working correctly. Maybe it's something to do with permissions..hmm