Skip to content

)|( Preview )|(

Comments

• Are these all your books, Scott? Or do you have a good lending library? WOW !

• This is looking so great! Amazing work, can’t wait to see it in FG :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

• Some I bought and scanned myself (like the recent Gnat post) , but mostly are from a friend who does a lot of scanning! He has access to a museum library. For him, its nice to know they are helping projects along.

Last AP I bought was actually an ACP, Air Cadet Publication - covering all the basic training.. I am part way through scanning it, its an interesting divergencre from typical APs.

• Beautiful to know. Hm maybe if I have a wish for something you are my library.....and hearty greetings to your friend.

OrbitalMartian .... :)

• edited September 2023

Yes, please just ask. I have a lot of manuals available, eg:

Victor

Vulcan

Lightning

Gnat

Buccaneer

Jet Provost

Phantom

Fairey Gannett

Canberra

Jaguar

Harrier

Hunter

Chipmunk

Etc....

Plus just pilots notes for many more types...

But, i also have available the specific mauals for a lot of cockpit instrumentation, control units etc, and some electrical / hydraulic equipment, such as batteries, different relays, radio systems, navigation kit, actuators, etc... Plus lots on aircrew equipment, helmets, masks, life preservers, etc.... Also some ground support equipment too.

Its not a 100% complete library, but its a very good selection.

Just ask, you never know, the answers may only be a few clicks away!

• Yes I have a wish. In fact of something of the Phantom. Scott, can you remember you gave me two pdf of the Vulcan (Owner's Workshop Manual and Warpaint No.30). If you have the same of the Phantom that would be cool.

• There is a Phantom Warpaint, here you go: https://scottbouch.com/tmp/Warpaint_31_McDonnell_Douglas_F-4K_F-4M_Phantom.pdf

But no Haynes Owners/Workshop Manual.

Cheers, Scott

• YEAh...COOL....THX... : )

• edited September 2023

They almost look comfortable. I'll have two for my desk please ????

Excellent work my friend, wonderful progress.

• Alex, I think if you had two of these sitting at your desk. Then I suspect your wife would say "I don't want that nonsense in my house, crazy boy"....hehehe.

When you're done reading your Vulcan book...then give it to me.

No no, I'm kidding. What is your conclusion? Your personal opinion of this book?

• edited October 2023

One of my first restoration projects was a 1965 Mk. 4BSA Lightning ejection seat - at about the age of 13 or 14, I came home from school to find a friend (owner of XS452 and XS458 at the time) had left it by the front door as a surprise gift! This was fantastic! I spent some time finding all the right straps and pads for it, and built it up nicely.

I had it in our family front room for some years, then when mum got fed up with it, it went in my bedroom for my late teenage years. When I got married and we bought our first house, I reluctantly sold it, but we were short of money... It paid our first ever mortgage payment.

Now i wish I'd kept it as it would have doubled in value..... But if i still had it, I wouldnt be selling it! It would now be part of my Lightning sim project... Alas, such is life, you do whats best at the time.

• It is as it is...life is life.

If you are finished with your Lightning sim project.You would invite your friends and show them with joy what you built. Uh don't forget the beer!

• Eagle,

I'd be more than happy to send you the book when I'm finished with it. I'm enjoying the read although obviously allowing for some mistakes due to time and experience thanks to what Scott has shared.

I am actually currently looking for an ex aircraft seat to turn into an office chair, my current office chair is broken and I need something that forces me to get up and move about every few hours ????

• I just dug out an old photo of myold Lightning seat. A very cool piece of kit, now missed. Really this should belong in the Lightning thread for refrence, but the story fits here.

(yes as a teen I had a black painted bedroom with 90's indie band posters up)

• Yes Alex, that's a cool offer! If I get your book and once I've read it, I'll send it back to you too.

Scott, it all fits into my thread here : )

The seat looks in a very good condition, would be interesting to see how the seat looked like before the restauration.

90's indie band yeah cool which ones. Maybe I know some.

Look here the Vulcan is not totally dead. It's a fresh video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUHN0I-HiWY

• Texture update. The texture is growing up with music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ljg6g7BAdQo

• This is coming along great! Can't wait :)

CJ

OrbitalMartian

Callsigns: G-ORBI

• Looks absolutely awesome.

• Thank you guys. : ))

• Very nice looking!!! Well done!!!

I see you have included the Plessey Mk4 plugs under the starboard intercom unit, some info I recently put together on them here:

https://www.scottbouch.com/mcfs/lightningt5t55/connector-104-pattern-plessey-mk4.htm

( And other connector types too: https://www.scottbouch.com/mcfs/lightningt5t55/connectors.htm )

Cheers, Scott.

• Thanks Scott...aaand....some textures are from you. And more textures from you will follow. That means your blood is in my Vulcan...um...that was an overdose....forget it...you know what I mean.

• Looking Good, Eagle!

VooDoo

• Thanks VooDoo.

• Looks to me like on par with the best flightsim models out there!

• Would this help for painting the outside of the Vulcan?

Full camouflage painting manual download here:

https://scottbouch.com/tmp/AP-2656A_Vol-1_Sect-4_Camouflage-Colour-Schemes-Identification-Markings.pdf

• @eagle , where did you learn your exceptional Blender talents?

• Thanks guys for the nice compliments.... ; )

Scott, your pdf for the livery painting of the Vulcan could help but not for me ( I hope Gary paint the traditional ones). I try to going other ways for the liveries. I have some ideas to paint more modern and science fiction liveries. I want to see if the new liveries fits to the old bomber....YEAH... :)... that is my goal.

At the beginning I modeled nonsense with Blender. I played with Blender but without any sense or understanding and learned nothing. Whenever I took a long break from Blender, I forgot everything again (i.e. I didn't learn it properly).

But I knew I had a certain talent for being able to create something in 3D (I was always good in art classes at school). On the other hand I have no talent for programming something. My best friend for it is copy and paste and change some values....thats it... : (

I had received a request from a friend and I made this Mazda concept car (from a blueprint and photos) and got some money. In this project I learned everything intensively exclusively through YOUTUBE Blender tutorials (some tutorials are very good and others are bullshit). For example, how do I model a tire, how do I model the profile of the tires and the rim... step by step. At some point I reached a point where I could play well with Blender.

I think the change was that I got a serious task from a friend of mine to learn Blender. YEAH... that is the answer, Scott.

• That looks stunning! well done!

It's true that to learn anything well takes time and patience, and you have had great motivation to do it well.

I have seen a few plastic kit aircraft models where people have given them a sci-fi look, like paited like an X-Wing or similar! It is a fun project!